30 September 2014

September 2014 Reads

I definitely didn't read as much this month as I did in August, but I did manage to read a couple books. Here they are :

Vanity, Vengeance and a Weekend in Vegas, Kyra Davis : This is the 6th book in the Sophie Katz series by Kyra Davis. I read the first five back in February/March, and really loved them. They're chick lit mixed with mystery and I couldn't put them down. But for this one, I had a harder time getting into the story. I don't know if it's because I read the other books in French and this one in its original version, but it took me longer to finish it. I didn't have that "oh God what's happening I have to read the next chapter" from the start, like I did with the other. I did read the last few chapters in one go, though, and I'd definitely read the next one if there's one.

You're The One That I Want, Giovanna Fletcher : Because I loved Billy and Me so much, I figured I'd read YTOTIW. Like with Billy and Me, I'd only seen positive feedback for this one, and was worried I'd be disappointed. Well... I was a little. I did like it, but I didn't love it. It took me a while to get into the story and finish the book. I was also a bit disappointed by the ending because SPOILER I felt like Maddie stayed with Rob because she had to, not because she loved him. I honestly thought that the kid in the epilogue would Ben and Maddie's, not Ben and some random girl's child. /SPOILER. It's definitely a good read, I love the writing style, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

What did you read this month ? Do you have any book recommendations for me ?

No comments:

Post a Comment